Sandstone Asset Management Inc. ("Sandstone") is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to Sandstone's public web site ("Public Website") and of customers using Sandstone's client services web portal ("Portal"), and has established this privacy statement ("Statement") to inform you of Sandstone's information gathering and dissemination policies and practices regarding your use of the Public Website and/or the Client Service web portal.
Our data management policies, procedures and practices are designed to safeguard three vital aspects of data: integrity, security, and access.
Integrity includes qualities of accuracy, consistency, and timeliness. Organizational data is a company resource that may be used and relied upon by many users. Data integrity begins with the person or office creating the data, and is the continuing responsibility of all who subsequently access and use it.
Security of data encompasses more than electronic security, although that is an element of it. While some aspects of security may be assured by technology, security also involves a measure of trust. As a valuable and business-critical Organizational resource, data must be safeguarded at all levels against damage, loss, and breaches of security and all who use it share this responsibility.
Access to Organizational data is granted internally when a legitimate business or research need for the data is demonstrated, and externally when release of such data would not violate the company's stewardship obligations, privacy legislation, or legal contracts.
Through the Hosted systems (external website, marketing automation), Sandstone may collect information such as an Internet Protocol (IP) address, web browser information and client actions. This information may be collected through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons. While participating in online activities clients or other individuals may have the option to provide contact information such as name, organization name, address, e-mail address, or phone number. Collectively, this information is referred to herein as "User Information."
Sandstone may collect personal information in connection with:
- Website profile creation and user verification for accessing online resources
- Information requests or complaints marketing, newsletters or subscriptions
- Event registration
- Visits or browsing on Sandstone websites
The types of personal information Sandstone may collect include:
- Personal and business contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, service preferences and contact preferences
- Details of the services clients have requested from Sandstone or which they have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to client enquiries
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise
Use of Information Collected
Sandstone uses User Information for the sole purpose of providing and improving client service, maintaining security, and targeted information delivery. Sandstone will not share User Information with third parties and is subject to privacy restrictions set forth herein.